Friday, April 18, 2008

Think 'Inside' The Box

I know, 'Think Inside The Box' goes against everything you have been told in this new era of evangelistic business gurus' shouting creativity for better productivity, higher yields, higher profitability, etc. They shout from the Ivory Tower roof tops to 'Think Outside The Box'. Well here is a possible paradigm shift...sometimes a re-invention of an old invention is the best invention. Perhaps building in the box is the best idea for an already successful idea.

Take for example the Japanese grocery markets who complained that watermelons odd larger shape took up too much precious retail display space. The natural reaction is to say too bad. Can't change mother nature. But instead, the Japanese re-invented a great idea by thinking inside the box. They grew watermelons in a box and the watermelon then formed to a uniform box shape. This saved dollars in shipping cost and allowed for more units at the point of sale, the grocery market.

What about the small wheels on our travelling suitcase. Two great inventions, the suitcase and the wheel come together to form an even greater idea.

What are you doing in your business to 'Think Inside The Box'?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Site Manager.

First I would like to apologize for using the comment area as a means of contacting you.

I see that your web site has similar qualities, products and features as mine. Would you be interested in exchanging links? I am looking for unique stuff to add content to my site

I am a novice at building a web site and am looking for unique content

Sincerely,

Daisey Posegate
www.http//uniquestuff4them.com
daiseyP@shaw.ca

Ray MacNeil said...

No need to apologize, I support small business entrepreneurs with my blog. My blog is free and any money I make from it will come from the paid placement advertising which has not yielded me anything yet. But I believe persistence will pay off. I've checked out your new site and it is interesting. I also believe you have given me a new idea. I will create a spot on my blog listing all the links of new entrepreneurs who link to my blog. The first link in this new category will be your site: www.http//uniquestuff4them.com

Good luck Daisey!

/Ray

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising