Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Time To Reflect On My Goals With My Family

This will be my last post for 2008 and I will make it shorter than what I'm sure most of you expect from me. For me, this time of year is the time to reflect on my goals and how I met or exceeded them over the last 12 months. What changes do I need to make to my goals if any and, do I need to create a new plan of execution on my goals for the New Year?

Without a plan I don't have a road map to success. Without a plan I may still reach my goals but I may take a longer more detoured route to get to my destination. Thus a map saves me time and fuel.

I also make sure that my family, (my support system), agree with my goals and my plan so that I'm not at odds with them over the year. For example; if working longer hours is a requirement to make more income which will give us a bigger house then, the family needs to agree that the goal of a bigger house is what we all want and therefore Dad, husband, wife, need to support each other during these times of sacrifice when working late. In other words, the goals and the plan become 'OURS'. We all take ownership. As a family we are all driving in the same direction taking the same route to the same destination. This will create a much more harmonious environment for all and will contribute to reaching your goals. Even if you are single and not married you still have family and a support system of friends. To succeed in business you need to succeed in life. You need a balance between family, friends, your personal spiritual beliefs and business.

I hope my experiences expressed give you guidance and again, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising