Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day, Daughters, And Golf

This blog post is dedicated to my daughter. Brittany, who is 19, planned a fathers day that I will not forget. It was special to me for many reasons but mostly because it was important for her to demonstrate her love in a way she never could before now. In other words, she has some money in the bank that she earned and saved.

My fathers day gift began as a mystery. I was to be "kidnapped" at 9:00 am but first I had to wear my first gift, a Tommy Hilfiger golf shirt. She insisted I wear this with my golf shorts and running shoes. Now I'm thinking we are going golfing but she did very well at the denial. I hope that is not a family trait. As I'm rushed off in the car she continues her ruse of mystery and eventually we enter the parking lot of a local golf course. Upon arrival she informed me that my clubs are in the trunk, that my brother will be joining me (he was set up by his daughter in the same way), she gave me $20.00 spending money, a pen for the score card and a pin for my shirt that was like the the blue ribbon you award to the prize bull at the country fair that said; 'Worlds Greatest Dad'.

My brother was dressed in the same khaki shorts with his new blue Tommy Hilfiger shirt and prize ribbon. Our daughters took our picture together and sent us on our way for the day. As we came off the golf course they were there to pick us up and then continued the day treating us to dinner at a local franchise pub. At the pub they presented us with a framed picture wrapped nice and it was the two of us dressed alike from this morning. I should mention that the golf was great and many fathers were out with their wife and children. Golfing has truly become a family sport.

Our daughters were very proud to do this for us and I was moved and proud of them as I will always be proud of my daughter. My love and thanks to my daughter for the best fathers day so far. Don't tell her but, I miss the paper finger painted ties I use to get and I would be just as happy with that today.

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs