Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Can't Talk Now, I'm Busy Sabotaging My Business

As a follow up to my post Soaring With Eagles which asks the question; How do you keep yourself motivated:

Why is it that very smart people fail at business? To answer this question you could ask another series of questions; why do we light that next cigarette, why do we eat late at night, why do I drink and drive. The list goes on of the many self sabotaging things smart people do everyday. We are all guilty of doing things we know we should not do but do them regardless of the negative consequences. In many cases it is a question of a persons paradigm. In other words, how they see life.

Some people see life as a glass half full (optimistic) and others see that same glass as half empty (pessimistic). Many of us will have paradigm shifts from time to time but to succeed in business we need to be optimistic most times. Therefore, you must change your paradigm to that of an abundance mentality. There is plenty for everyone. You must, when the days in business are lean, (and you may have more of these days in the early years of your business), you must always reaffirm to yourself that you will succeed and nothing is going to stop me or get in my way.

What I'm talking about is the control of our thoughts. How we think has a direct connection to how we act. If we lose control of our car on the highway and stare at the guardrail we will hit the guardrail. If we stare in the direction we want to go our body reacts and steers accordingly to that direction. Don't under estimate the power of your mind. I believe strongly that if you have done everything physically neccessary to succeed, that is, studied from the masters and then executed on their sound business, sales and marketing strategies and techniques, surrounded yourself with good people then the only missing link is your thoughts.

Your thoughts create the power of attraction. If you are positive you will attract positive energy to you and as a result to your business. If you don't believe me try an experiment with the opposite (negativity) or remember the day recently when you were really upset and spent the day complaining to whom ever would listen. Did you experience some who were drawn into your complaining and complained along with you and that made you feel good? And did you also see some people steer clear of you and refuse to engage in a conversation with you of complaints? Like attracts like. Let me leave you with a tip, most successful people see the glass as half full. Those people who shied away from you when you were complaining are successful people or will be successful and you just alienated your best assets or allys. Imagine if they were your prospects or customers. Imagine if you continue with this negative paradigm how many customers you may not have.

You are smart, so stop the "I Can't Talk Now, I'm Busy Sabotaging My Business" attitude and change your paradigm to "Let's Talk Now, I'm Busy Being Positive For My Business".

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs