Friday, May 4, 2007

Soaring With Eagles

I wear a yellow gold ring on my right hand shaped like the American Eagle head resting on a deep black onyx bed to remind me to Soar With The Eagles and Not to Run With The Turkeys. When I was younger I ran with turkeys as some teenagers do and although I thought of myself as a leader I was really following my chosen peer group. This was a group that saw fun in being rebellious and breaking the law. On one sunny and warm summer morning my closest friend and I spoke of breaking away from this group while sipping our hot fresh coffee in the parking lot of the local hangout. In agreement, we drove away in his white 69 VW Bug and never looked back.

Today we can look back at all the people we knew then and some are dead, some are in prison, and some are in homes. For the lucky few who broke away we raised families, grew businesses and live a rich life surround by love ones. We have no regrets and we count ourselves lucky to recognize the fork in the road and then choose the right path.

This path for me has been winding yet forward moving because I chose to remind myself daily to Soar with Eagles and not run with Turkeys. What do you use to motivate yourself to succeed and keep moving forward everyday in business and life?

I would be very curious to know how entrepreneurs keep themselves motivated to strive and thrive in life and business. Let me know.

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs