Friday, February 23, 2007

I Hear Your Body Loud and Clear

Sitting across from the dinner table on this blind date I sensed the heat within my body start to rise and tried desperately to conceal my attraction to this beautiful sexy woman. This woman who appeared to be matching my moves. As I moved toward her she moved in to meet me across the table and placed her soft delicate hand atop of mine. She twirled her hair in her fingers in a provocative manner that lured my eyes to hers like bait on a hook. I needed to test the waters. I needed to see if she truly is interested in me and then I ask; "Your eyes are intoxicating, would you mind if I looked at them a little closer?" As I move in on her affirmative response I see her lips open and we kiss.

Okay, now that I have your attention, the scenario above has been experienced by many couples. What transpired was a significant amount of non-verbal communication. Both were reading and responding to the others body language. Imagine being able to be as receptive to your prospects body clues and cues. If you can master these skills, your sales will increase.

My recommendation is to search out a seminar on this topic and learn as much as you can on the internet. You can Google "Body Language" and you will be surprised by how much information is available. For example; learn what you can on the "Four Personality Temperaments". This will be a good start to learning how to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with each of the four types which are:

•Aggressive – Worker
•Expressive – Talker
•Passive – Watcher/Listener
•Analytical - Thinker

However, what I will do is leave you with some common non-verbal (body language) buying signals:

•Relax…sigh
•Lean toward you
•Become Friendlier
•Nod their head
•Pick up the Proposal
•Stroke their chin

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs