Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You Matter!

The following words are pulled from a book I read many years ago (Why Not Me? by Paul & Dan Monaghan, which is no longer in print) "Why Not Me" was written to the teenager but is relevant to all. I wanted to repeat their words from their 4th principle (Create a Wonderful Self-esteem - You Really Matter) because I believe that for anyone to take the step into self employment they must first have "Self Worth":

"Some people misunderstand what self-esteem is. It is not Narcissism which says in essence: "Hey, ain't I enthralling." It isn't Bragging: "Look at how great I am." Self-esteem is the opposite of Arrogance: "I'm better than you." And is miles apart from Self-centerdness: "The whole world revolves around me."

Dr. Robert Schuller said,

"Self Worth is being poised instead of tense. It's being confident instead of confused. It's being enthusiastic instead of bored. Self-worth is feeling successful. More than anything, it is being self-forgiving instead of self-condemning; self-respecting instead of being self-disgusting."

YOU MATTER!!!

Remember this: what you believe in your heart about yourself is what you are. You can change your belief. You need to believe in yourself."

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs