Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Microsoft 'Streets & Trips with GPS Locator' 2007

It's June 14th, 2009, and I'm in my car after a sales call where my client indicates that she has a problem. She has a PowerPoint Presentation in 1 hour and the bulb is burnt out on the projector. I said, "Don't worry about it. I will get you the bulb." Now, I don't sell projector bulbs. I just want to solve her problem because this will get me a Champion within this company. I click on my MS Streets & Trips with GPS locator and make a vocal command for a list of the nearest projector bulb suppliers to my present location. The GPS kicks in and within seconds on my laptop computer a list of the top 10 internet websites who sell these bulbs is listed with the nearest on the top of the list. Another command activates a telephone call to the first on the list and after a brief conversation I confirm the order. The GPS now disengages the call and asks if I want directions to this business. I respond to the affirmative and vocal commands direct me through the streets right to the best parking spot. Within 20 minutes I return with the bulb and install it for my client.

Is this story too far fetched? Guess what! It was only 10 years ago that businesses scoffed at the idea of having a website or an email address on their business card. Today, quoting Bill Gates; "if you don't have a website then you will be out of business." With the launch of MS 2007 Streets & Trips with a GLS Locator and TI's (Texas Instruments) Davinci Chip the above scenario is not far away. The question for you is; what are you doing today, now, to ensure that you are not only on the internet but also being found? Because in the above scenario, you will have to be on the first pages of the search. And if you are not acting today, you will not be in business in 2009 anyway.

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs