Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What If I Lose All My Money?

Buying an existing business or a franchise business is a big decision. In fact, the biggest decision that most people make in their life time is buying a car and buying a house. When I got into my own business for the first time I was inundated with the question; what if you lose all your money? For me, losing my money was not an option. Call it ego, call it courage, all I knew was that I spent years working long hours, sometimes 7 days a week and for what, a salary that only increased once a year and always lower than the cost of living. At the rate I was going I would be working my self into debt. No, my fear was not the loss of my money but rather the fear of not doing anything about my current situation.

I have always been a forward thinker, positive, and I also believed that if I can work this hard for someone else why wouldn't I work this hard for myself. The answer of course is, I would. I'm not suddenly going to become lazy because I'm self employed. So being self employed did not scare me. Not making a change in my life, now that scared me.

Succeed or fail, I did not want to be sitting in my rocking chair in my twilight years regretting the things I should have done and did not have the courage to pursue. That was my biggest fear; the fear of regrets.

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs