Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Who Do You Buy From?

As a professionally trained and Certified Purchasing Agent and Sales Trainer I enjoy watching the sales techniques used on me in a variety of situations. I have listened to the sales approach ranging from the car salesman (I say sales'man' because even though woman make up at least 50% of the car buyers, the industry is still predominantly made up of men), to the furniture sales person, to the sales person who has met me in my office, and they all approach sales in very unique ways.

For example; I have experienced everything from the nervous edgy person who never gets to the point and who only succeeds in making me nervous and edgy and anxious to get rid of him to the person who wants to socialize more than sell. The person who does sell me is the person in the middle. The sales person who gets me to relax with natural charm and then doesn't waste my time by getting to the point with impactful questions to determine what my needs might be. If you just try to sell me I don't buy. If you find out how you can help me and then explain the value as it relates to my needs then I am generally hard pressed not to buy.

Understand who you buy from and this could help you understand not only how to sell but also who to sell to. People generally like to do business with people they like and that is in most cases people like them self.

No comments:

Featured Advertisers

Free Advertising

Earlier Blogs